Andrew Bridgen MP urges the nation to get active during this year’s summer of sport
Games4Life is the Department of Health new campaign to inspire the nation to get active during this year’s summer of sport. It builds on the excitement of the sporting activities taking place this summer and encourages millions of people to get involved and active.
Andrew Bridgen MP said that, ‘I am encouraging people to take part as Games4Life aims to encourage people of all ages to get going and get their active minutes every day. Many people are unaware that children between 2 and 4 need at least 180 active minutes a day, children of 5 and older need at least 60 active minutes a day and adults need at least 150 active minutes a week’.
People can get involved in a variety of ways:
- They can fill in a Games4Life questionnaire (either one of the 14 million printed versions that are being distributed or online) and the Department of Health will send them a free, personalised, summer activity plan full of ideas to get going every day
- The Chage4Life website is full of fun, easy and free ways for epopel to get moving, and for families, there’s a new mobile app ‘The Fin Generator’ with over 100 indoor and outdoor activity ideas for children of all ages
- Games4Life will be out and about over the summer with an activity stand to encourage children to get moving. A list of confirmed venues can be found here: www.nhs.uk/Change4Life/Pages/Games4Life-summer-roadshow-events.aspx
- Asda, Aldi and the Play Providers Association have pledged their support for the campaign and will be promotion Games4Life through events, sports related offers and promotional material
- Local Authories and Change4Life supports are supporting the campaign and will be distributing over four million questionnaires to local communities
- Around 2.6 million Games4Life Summer Adventure Packs have been distributed to 7,500 schools across the county, with lesson plane for teachers and take-home activities for children to enjoy throughout the summer holidays
I hope you feel inspired to get involved with Games4Life over the summer!
For more information contact the office on 0207 219 7238/01530 41 77 36